At this time, the WGO Nominations Committee is seeking nominations for positions within the World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) for the 2021-2023 term of service and invites you to nominate individuals with strong leadership skills for consideration. Serving as an officer or on a committee offers a great opportunity to impact the future of WGO in a meaningful way.
You are invited to submit candidates for the following open leadership positions as well as names to serve on WGO committees:
- President-Elect – Serves a 2-year term as President-Elect, 2-year term as President, and 2-year term as Past President
- Secretary General – May serve up to a maximum of two, 2-year terms
- At-large Member – May serve up to a maximum of two, 2-year terms
For the positions of President-Elect, Secretary General, and At-large Member, the Nominations Committee will only consider nominations of those candidates who have served at least one term previously on the Governing Council and will have previously participated in or contributed to WGO committees or other major societal programmes in a substantial way.
The individual will have exhibited exceptional leadership ability and an extensive record of service and contributions to WGO. The candidate will be highly experienced and knowledgeable about all aspects of WGO.
Committees and Interest Groups
We invite you to nominate candidates to serve on the following groups:
- Clinical Research Committee
- e-WGN Editorial Board
- Finance Committee
- Global Guidelines Committee
- Publications Committee
- Scientific Programmes Committee
- Train the Trainers Committee (applicants must have attended a TTT in order to be considered for this committee)
- Young Members Committee (applicants must be under the age of 45)
- WGO Foundation (applicants must have experience fundraising)
- Endoscopy Interest Group
- Hepatology Interest Group
The Nominations Committee will collect nominations from all WGO Member Societies including the Regional Associations. In addition, consideration will be given to the recommendations from the current committee and interest group chairs and the Governing Council.
It is anticipated that we will receive many more proposed names than there are positions to be filled. While an individual’s experience and expertise are of primary importance, the selection of the final list of nominations also takes into account broad geographic and gender representation, as well as other demographic factors within WGO’s governance structure. Where applicable, previous membership in WGO committees, interest groups, task forces, projects, and initiatives will also be considered, in order to achieve diverse and balanced representation in each committee.
To nominate your candidate(s), please complete the online nominations form via Jot Form using this link. One form is to be submitted for each candidate you wish to nominate and must be received by 1 April 2021.
Final ratification of the candidates will be placed before the General Assembly at the Gastro meeting in Prague, Czech Republic, from 9-11 December 2021.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
Accompanying and Other Informational Documents:
- Online Nominations Application Form
- Guidelines and Criteria for Proposed Candidates
- WGO Executive Committee Requirements
- Roster of Current WGO Officers, Committees and Interest Groups
- Overview of WGO Committees
If you have any further questions about the above, please contact Sarah Linnington at [email protected].