Each year, the UEG Rising Star Award is awarded to the most promising, emerging basic, translational, and clinical scientists. It provides a durable platform for these young researchers to further evolve their professional career. Awardees are jointly selected by the UEG National Societies Committee and the UEG Scientific Committee, based on a track record of international quality research and developing scientific independence.
Candidates for the Rising Star Awards 2023:
- must show at least one publication as first, corresponding or last author in a Journal that is ranked in Q1 of the Clarivate Ranking 2021 (JCR 2021). The JCR 2021 will be published in late June 2022. If you do not have access to it, please request it from Andrea Nowak.
- may be at any career level but a full professor title will not be accepted.
- must be able to give their talk at UEG Week in fluent English.
- may apply max. three times for the award.
- have their main residence and workplace in Europe or in a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea. We also accept candidates currently working outside of Europe on condition that they are a citizen of a European country or a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea, and that they have worked in Europe at least 5 years during the last 10 years.
*Main carers of children can apply for an extension of the age limit (2 years per child) to become a Young GI Associate.
Apply for Rising Stars 2023 by 2nd September 2022 here.