Last Updated on
This ‘bullet point bulletin’ shares what the BSG is doing and is planning to do to support our members, the wider GI community and our patients.
I have also written a piece on Accepting Change and Developing the New Norm, which reflects on the impact of COVID-19 now and into the future.
Highlights from the last 10 days
- An excellent summary of COVID-19 GI literature published by Frontline Gastroenterology
- Easy access to the wider literature from BSG-BMJ family of journals
- BSG Webinar on the 14th May, focussing on all guidance to date including the result of the CSSC survey – an invitation to sign up for this webinar will be circulated to all members
- It’s still not too late to contribute to the BSG CSSC survey which includes a focus on the impact on trainees’ training and takes less than 3 minutes to complete
- BSG Risk Grid for IBD Patients on Immunosuppressive Medication is now published online Gut
- The service recovery documents published on 17th April were shared internationally
- Business as usual is dealing with the review and update of the BSG Charity constitution and preparation for the virtual AGM on 15th June, with information to members to be sent out in due course
Week beginning 27th April
New interim guidance on the restoration of endoscopy in the early recovery phase of COVID -19 will be published this week
In managing these next steps in your own units, I hope you will continue to use the BSG as a source of networked professional support.
With good wishes for everyone’s ongoing safety and wellbeing.