Become a member
The Society welcomes members from all fields who are employed in, or have a particular interest in, the field of gastroenterology.
By becoming a member of the British Society of Gastroenterology, you will experience a number of benefits, including:
- Free subscription to Gut for full, international and trainee members
- Quarterly BSG Endoscopy newsletter; BSG Education and BSG Research newsletters
- Discounted registration at BSG annual scientific meeting
- ACCEA support
- A voice for GI medicine within health policy,nationally and at SHA level
- Postgraduate meetings
- Access to the new BSG website, featuring ‘Case of the month’, a research database, new members’ forum and patient materials
- Influence on policy
- Access to one of the largest medical gastroenterology and hepatology communities
- Monthly e-Newsletter outlining all the latest news in gastroenterology and hepatology
- Access to advice/guidance on working in the independent sector
- Free subscription to Frontline Gastroenterology for full, international, trainee and nurse members
- Levels of membership
To apply online go to:
Membership for Medical Students and Foundation Doctors
This Membership programme is for medical students, foundation doctors and all core medical trainees up to ST3: it costs £15 pa.
You will need the BSG membership number of the Consultant sponsoring your application (this could be a gastroenterologist who is your educational/clinical supervisor or a supervising gastroenterologist for your clinical attachment, SSU or foundation post).
Then apply online at