Become a member
The Society welcomes members from all fields who are employed in, or have a particular interest in, the field of gastroenterology.
By becoming a member of the British Society of Gastroenterology, you will experience a number of benefits, including:
- Free subscription to Gut for full, international and trainee members
- Quarterly BSG Endoscopy newsletter; BSG Education and BSG Research newsletters
- Discounted registration at BSG annual scientific meeting
- ACCEA support
- A voice for GI medicine within health policy,nationally and at SHA level
- Postgraduate meetings
- Access to the new BSG website, featuring ‘Case of the month’, a research database, new members’ forum and patient materials
- Influence on policy
- Access to one of the largest medical gastroenterology and hepatology communities
- Monthly e-Newsletter outlining all the latest news in gastroenterology and hepatology
- Access to advice/guidance on working in the independent sector
- Free subscription to Frontline Gastroenterology for full, international, trainee and nurse members
- Levels of membership
Download the Proposal for Membership application form:
Membership for Medical Students and Foundation Doctors
This Membership programme is for medical students, foundation doctors and all core medical trainees up to ST3: it costs £15 pa.
Download and complete the application form and return with the direct debit mandate to the BSG offices. You will need the email and BSG membership number of the Consultant sponsoring your application (this could be a gastroenterologist who is your educational/clinical supervisor or a supervising gastroenterologist for your clinical attachment, SSU or foundation post.).
Once the BSG receive this they will email you and your sponsor to confirm receipt of your application. You will then be contacted to make your first payment of £15 (after the first payment all future payments will be taken by yearly DD).
Download the Proposal for Student Membership application form: