Become a member
The Society welcomes members from all fields who are employed in, or have a particular interest in, the field of gastroenterology.
By becoming a member of the British Society of Gastroenterology, you will experience a number of benefits, including:
- Free subscription to Gut for full and trainee members (international members will receive an online subscription)
- BSG newsletters
- Discounted registration at BSG annual scientific meeting
- ACCEA support
- A voice for GI medicine within health policy, nationally and at regional level
- Postgraduate meetings
- Access to the BSG website
- Influence on policy
- Access to one of the largest medical gastroenterology and hepatology communities
- Monthly e-Newsletter outlining all the latest news in gastroenterology and hepatology
- Access to advice/guidance on working in the independent sector
- Free subscription to Frontline Gastroenterology for full, trainee and associate members
- Levels of membership
To apply online go to:
Membership for Medical Students, Non-clinical students and Foundation Doctors
This Membership programme is for medical students, non-clinical science students, foundation doctors and all core medical trainees up to ST3: it costs £15 pa.
You will need the BSG membership number of the Member sponsoring your application (this could be a gastroenterologist who is your educational/clinical supervisor, your PhD supervisor or a supervising gastroenterologist for your clinical attachment, SSU or foundation post).
Then apply online at
BSG Data Protection Policy
- Download the full data protection policy [ 280 kb ]