The British Society of Gastroenterology Annual Meeting 2020 will take place at the ACC Liverpool from 15 - 18 June 2020. The conference will showcase the best of British gastroenterology, hepatology and endoscopy with hundreds of abstracts presented orally or as posters.
This is your opportunity to share your latest research and findings with colleagues and peers.
All accepted abstracts will be published in Gut, which is an official journal of the British Society of Gastroenterology. Submit your abstract for your chance to make a contribution to the BSG Annual Meeting 2020 scientific programme.
"Top 5 Tips for a Good Abstract" - provided by BSG Secretary Dr Stuart McPherson
1. The introduction must include a very clear description of the aim of the study and why it is important
2. Include a brief outline of methodology to give the reader enough information to understand how the study was conducted.
3. Less is more with results” - include the key results that answer your aim and substantiate your conclusion. You do not need to include an exhaustive list of results.
4. Make it easy to read and don’t include non-standard abbreviations. Reviewers have a lot of them to score, so make it easy for them.
5. Ensure you follow the submission guidelines to the letter.
"Top 5 Tips for a Winning Research Poster" - provided by BSG Senior Secretary Dr Stuart McPherson
1. Have an engaging title. Think of it like a newspaper headline. A good one gets people to read it.
2. “Less is more”. Most people typically spend less than a minute looking at a poster so only include key information to address your aims and substantiate your conclusions.
3. Include graphs, figures and tables to illustrate key points as readers are more likely to look at these rather than read text.
4. Keep the text to a minimum and when you do include text use bullet points to make it easier to read. Accentuate key points in bold or colour.
5. Many people read the aim and conclusions first so ensure these are prominent in the poster and written clearly.
The abstracts for BSG 2020 must be submitted through the online submission portal.
The person who submits the abstract will be the main contact for it. That person must create an account to upload, edit and save the abstract(s) in the portal.
Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account each time you enter the portal.
Download the full submission guidelines below.
- Call for Abstracts Opens | Monday 28 October 2019
- Abstract Submission Deadline | Wednesday 19 February 2020 (23:59 GMT)
- Notification of Outcome | Wednesday 22 April 2020
- Final day to withdraw accepted abstracts and/or request modifications | Wednesday 6 May 2020 (23:59 GMT)
- Programme including abstracts available online | Monday 11 May 2020
- Deadline for presenters of accepted abstracts to register for BSG 2020 | Monday 11 May 2020 (23:59 GMT)
- Deadline to submit poster PDF (poster presentations only) | Friday 29 May 2020
If you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: It is not a requirement to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract; however, if the abstract is accepted, the presenting author must register by Monday 11 May 2020. Your abstracts will be removed from the programme and abstracts book if you have not registered by then.