We would like to encourage our female members in particular to apply for this opportunity.
Every year, the UEG National Societies Committee and the UEG Scientific Committee jointly select 6-8 clinical scientists as 'UEG Rising Stars'. The selection is based on a track record of international quality research and on scientific independence. This initiative provides a durable platform for these young researchers to further improve and progress in their professional careers.
Applications are invited from the following target group:
- BSG members
- Clinical scientists at any level (except full professor)
- 40 years of age or younger at the time of application (add two years to age limit per child as main carer)
- Must have as country of residence Europe and/or a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea
- Candidates may apply a maximum 3 times for the Rising Star Award
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Download and carefully read the criteria for applicants and selection process
- Download and complete the 2019 application form
- Prepare a short 1-page (A4) CV
- Email all application documents by 9am Monday 20 August 2018 to email@example.com for review by the nominations panel.
Applicants will be told whether their application for nomination was successful no later than Monday 3 September 2018.
The BSG’s nominee(s) will receive a completed letter of nomination to upload along with the rest of their application materials. Submit the completed forms via the UEG's online application system. The UEG application deadline is Thursday 6 September.
Enquiries to UEG should be directed to Mika Nagl.