The annual Sir Francis Avery Jones BSG Research Award encourages research by gastroenterologists working in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The award consists of an engraved medal and a prize: full registration for the whole meeting (4-7 June 2018) and travel and accommodation expenses as specified in their speaker entitlement letter. The recipient will be required to deliver a 20-minute lecture during the plenary session at BSG 2018, which will be held on Tuesday 5 June 2018 at the Liverpool ACC.
Applications are invited by the BSG Research Committee and must include:
- A single A4 page describing the work conducted.
- A written statement confirming that all or a substantial part of the work has been personally conducted by the applicant in the UK or Eire.
- A written statement confirming that, on the date of the lecture, the applicant will be aged 40 years or less OR will have held a Consultant/Honorary Consultant post for less than 5 years (or whole-time equivalent if part time or in intermittent employment).
- The title and an outline of the proposed content of the lecture.
- A bibliography of relevant personal publications.
Entrants need not be a member of the Society. A list of past winners can be downloaded below. Previous applicants are welcome to apply.
Applications should be composed electronically in Word or PDF format and emailed as an attachment to the BSG Office ( firstname.lastname@example.org) with the email subject line "Avery Jones BSG Research Award 2018" by 5.00pm on Monday 5 February 2018. Applicants will be notified of the decision by Monday 26 February 2018; the early bird registration deadline is Friday 2 March.