The annual Sir Francis Avery Jones BSG Research Award encourages research by gastroenterologists working in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The award consists of an engraved medal and a prize: full registration for the whole meeting (17th - 20th June 2019) and travel and accommodation expenses as specified in their speaker confirmation letter. The recipient will be required to deliver a 20-minute lecture during the plenary session at BSG 2019, which will be held on Tuesday 18th June 2019 at the Glasgow SEC.
Applications are invited by the BSG Research Committee and must include:
- A single A4 page describing the work conducted.
- A written statement confirming that all or a substantial part of the work has been personally conducted by the applicant in the UK or Eire.
- A written statement confirming that, on the date of the lecture, the applicant was born or or before 18 June 1979 OR will have held a Consultant/Honorary Consultant post for fewer than 5 years (or whole-time equivalent if part time or in intermittent employment).
- The title and an outline of the proposed content of the lecture.
- A bibliography of relevant personal publications.
Entrants need not be a member of the Society. A list of past winners can be downloaded (here). Previous applicants are welcome to apply.
Applications should be composed electronically in Word or PDF format and emailed as an attachment to the BSG Office (email@example.com) with the email subject line "Avery Jones BSG Research Award 2019" by 4:00pm on Monday 4th February 2019. Applicants will be notified of the decision by Friday 22nd February 2019; the early bird registration deadline is Monday 18th March 2019.