The RCP runs a successful programme of conferences for fellows, members and other healthcare professionals.
They are now looking towards planning the 2020 programme of College conferences and so invite all Joint Specialty Committees (JSCs) and RCP committees to make proposals for conferences to be held in 2020.
The focus of the conference should be:
An ‘Update’ (e.g. Cardiology update) – one-day conferences where delegates can conveniently take just one day out of their busy schedules and receive all the latest essential updates from the specialty (either aimed at the specialist or the non-specialist).
A one day conference on a ‘big’ condition (e.g. the dementia or diabetes).
You could also suggest a joint conference with your specialist society on a topic of your choice, which would be held at RCP London.
You are more than welcome to submit more than one proposal.
Essential criteria for all proposals
- We expect that all committees will consult their relevant specialist societies when considering conference topics and put forward proposals that will appeal to a wide multi-disciplinary, cross-specialty audience.
- Please ensure there is no (or limited) duplication or overlap with any events organised by societies for their own members.
- The content should be clinical and practical (i.e. with clear take-away messages delegates can apply to their practice) – anything too policy-focused is hard to fill.
- The target ‘community’ should be large and appeal to physicians from all stages of their careers. We would expect to attract at least 100 delegates.
- Organisers should be prepared to receive guidance from the RCP on how to relate any accepted proposal to current guidelines or projects developed at the RCP.
Proposals that do not met these criteria as a minimum will not be considered.
Please submit your proposals using this form, which should be returned by Friday 29 March 2019 to Jo Summers, conferences manager firstname.lastname@example.org
All proposals will be submitted for approval to the Conferences sub Committee.