1. Guidelines for the investigation of chronic diarrhoea in adults: BSG, 3rd edition
This updated guideline addresses a common reason for referral to gastroenterology. It guides those in primary and secondary care in their approach to chronic diarrhoea and provides a logical outline for investigation and management.
2. UK Guidelines on Oesophageal Dilatation in Clinical Practice
Presented as a series of lectures at BSG 2018, this serves as a practical guide to four aspects of oesophageal dilatation: the preparation, the procedure, aftercare and disease-specific considerations.
3. EASL Recommendations on the treatment of hepatitis C 2018
An EASL update of the rapidly-evolving therapeutic approach to hepatitis C.
4. EGSE: Endoscopic management of acute necrotizing pancreatitis
A practical approach to managing this condition, with a helpful section on the eight main recommendations.
1. Frontline Gastroenterology April 2018 Nasal unsedated seated percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (nuPEG): a safe and effective technique for percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy placement in high-risk candidates
Reviewing a technique that seeks to mitigate the risk of cardiorespiratory complications with PEG placement.
2. Gut March 2018 Development of a Microscopic Colitis Disease Activity Index: a prospective cohort study
There are no current validated instruments to assess disease activity in microscopic colitis. It is hoped that this ‘MCDAI’ be used for future research and in clinical practice.
3. Journal of Hepatology July 2018 Magnetic resonance cholangiogram patterns and clinical profiles of ketamine-related cholangiopathy in drug users
This article addresses an emerging worldwide epidemiological problem, focusing on the potential for ketamine use to lead to biliary duct damage.
The Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology June 2018: Eosinophilic oesophagitis endotype classification- A summary of a study on the clinical heterogeneity in patients with this condition (EOE 1-3) and implications for therapeutic approach.