Date: 4th October 2019
Location: Post Graduate Medical Centre, Sheffield Children’s Hospital.
Paediatric and Adult trainees, clinical fellows, speciality doctors and allied health professionals with an interest in gastroenterology are invited to register for this joint BSG and BSPGHAN Transition Study day.
Aims and Objectives:
- Understand the current guidance on effective transition and how transitional services can be set up and commissioned
- Gain an insight into the management of gastrointestinal conditions affecting adolescents
- Develop an understanding of the Young Person’s perspective.
Scope of symposium
- Transition of young people from paediatric to adult services - Current guidance
- How to deliver developmentally age appropriate healthcare (NIHR transition research)
- A Young person and/or parents/carer’s insight care delivered in transition period
- EoE in the adolescent - Paediatric speaker, adult speaker - joint Q and A
- Eating disorder in the adolescent - Paediatric speaker, adult speaker - joint Q and A
- Commissioning transitional services - Speaker from commissioning body
- GI/Psychology interface
- Clinical case and discussion around transition – Home PN, complex neuro disability and feeding etc
Registration Costs: To be confirmed
Number of places: Places will be limited to 100