Guts UK and Bowel & Cancer Research are pleased to announce funding of up to £75,000 over 3 years to support a PhD student research project into diverticular disease and diverticulitis. Diverticular disease is common and is the subject of 1 in 3 patient enquiries to Guts UK, yet it is a relatively neglected area of research. This joint call from Guts UK and Bowel & Cancer Research, under the umbrella of the Diverticular Research Campaign, is motivated by a desire to change that.
We are seeking proposals of up to £75,000 over 3 years to support a PhD student research project into diverticular disease. Support will be given to:
- New ideas in diagnostics, therapeutics or devices
- Experimental medicine
- Pilot studies; outcomes research
In general applications are not prioritised for work using experimental animals. This call is open to EU and UK applicants. Applicants must have established positions. Funding is restricted to use at UK institutions.
- There is a one stage application process
- Application forms can be downloaded from here
- Applications should be returned by 5pm on Friday May 17th
- Final decisions on funding will be made in November 2019
For queries relating to this call contact Deborah Gilbert: email@example.com or call 020 7882 8749.
For further information please go to: https://www.bowelcancerresearch.org/phdcallnowopen