Why join The BSG?
Wherever you are in your professional journey, British Society of Gastroenterology is here to support you with the latest clinical information, training, professional development and events. When you join the British Society of Gastroenterology, you join a community of healthcare professionals committed to excellence in gastroenterology and hepatology including students, GPs, Nurses, Pathologists, Doctors, Consultants, Scientists, Researchers – and many others.
BSG has represented and supported its members since 1937 and has over 3500 members across the world, with representation within the British Royal Colleges and consequently the Department of Health and Government. Internationally it is represented at World and European level.
In return, all of our members receive:
- Invites to network, learn and share ideas with your peers and those with common specialist interests regionally, nationally and internationally
- Invitations to members-only events
- Up to 30% off BSG endorsed events, including the Annual Meeting
- The latest clinically authoritative information, practices and research in gastroenterology and hepatology
** Subscriptions to print Journals are included in various categories of membership found below. Just look at what you could save!
- A print subscription to Gut would cost you £387.00 and online only would cost you £214.00 per year
- A print subscription to Frontline Gastroenterology is worth £270 and online only would cost you £160 per year
- The discounts offered to the Annual Meeting and to BSG endorsed events offer significant savings to members
“The BSG is a community of like-minded enthusiasts. It has long been inclusive and welcoming. Being a UK gastroenterologist or GI nurse should be synonymous with being a BSG member- the society supports its membership and needs our support in return.” – Prof. Siwan Thomas-Gibson, Consultant Gastroenterologist/Endoscopist and Dean St Mark’s National Bowel Hospital & Academic Institute, Professor of Practice (Gastrointestinal Endoscopy) Imperial College London
Read more about our members experiences within one of the largest medical specialty societies in the UK here
Please click on the relevant tile below to view pricing, read more information and to purchase a BSG Membership.
Showing 1–4 of 12 results
Consultant Membership – 7PAs and above
Consultant membership is for UK-based consultants who have a work plan of at least 7 PAs, in a gastroenterologically-related discipline.
Consultant Membership – 6PAs and below
Less Than Full Time Consultant membership is for UK-based consultants who have a work plan of 6 or fewer PAs, in any gastroenterologically-related discipline.
International Membership is for medically qualified doctors and consultants who live outside the UK. This tier of membership offers online journal subscriptions, but print copies are available at an added cost when you purchase this membership.
Trainee Membership is for doctors working and training in the UK who are ST3 level or above up until they become a Consultant.