10th April 2020
For many of us, the working week is not a concept we recognise as finishing on a Friday. Rotas, and clinical and academic commitments, have always been part of a continuous cycle and never more so than now in the COVID-19 environment. Nevertheless, a week on from my last bulletin, here are today’s summary headlines:-
- Specialty guidance for IBD and Liver patients on immunosuppression: high risk groups for shielding – NHS England now require a central upload of this data by Monday 13th April. This applies to hospitals in England only.
- Working as one GI community: ACPGBI, BSG and BSGAR launch advisory on a ‘rapid access colorectal cancer pathway during COVID-19’.
Work in progress
- Planning service delivery for non-COVID-19 disease: The What, When and How of Service Recovery. Over the coming few weeks, we will be providing guidance on the phases of service planning and delivery, during and post the COVID-19 epidemic
- Short focussed surveys to provide you with an easy way to feedback and share your views with the BSG
Other great resources beyond the BSG COVID-19 alerts
- Click here for RCP Registrar’s COVID-19 round up
- View further COVID-19 guidance from the wider community
It feels difficult to wish you all a Happy Easter: so instead a wish for some small respite and moments of release from the daily pressures of the workplace, over the next few days.
“Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
Previous President’s Bulletins