It is a great pleasure for the Y-ECCO Committee to invite you to the first edition of the Y-ECCO Mentorship Forum, taking place on June 5-6, 2020 in Vienna!
It is time to further strengthen the bonds between young doctors in the IBD field and help them in their professional and personal development. Within a one and half day forum Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) will provide guidance and support to young doctors (or still in training) who wish to enhance their career in IBD.
This stand-alone event is aimed at transferring knowledge from experienced professionals to juniors, as well as increasing the Y-ECCO Members appreciation of, and orientation within, the IBD field. The Y-ECCO Mentorship Forum is about questioning, challenging, guiding and encouraging young doctors to develop skills and take steps to become the professional they want to be. In addition, this forum should enable the participants to network with their peers and senior KOLs for potential future scientific collaboration.
The forum consists of three core pillars:
- A networking event combined with a dinner in the evening of Friday June 5, 2020
- The morning of Saturday June 6, 2020 will provide the opportunity to talk to individual experts about career development
- A group work session in the afternoon will focus on Clinical Trials
- January 16, 2020: Application deadline
- February 2020: Selection of participants
- June 5-6, 2020: 1 st Y-ECCO Mentorship Forum, Vienna
A paid Y-ECCO Membership for 2020 is required to apply for this form. Criteria required to be a Y-ECCO Member: To be a medical doctor under the age of 35 or still in training.
• Submit your CV (one page)
• A 300-word text describing your expectations and motivation to be part of this forum To ensure interactivity in this forum the number of participants will be limited to 20. Selection will be performed by the Y-ECCO Committee. ECCO will support the selected candidates by covering their travel (up to EUR 450.-) and accommodation expenses.
Please submit your application by January 16, 2020 to the ECCO Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)