The BSG Annual Investigators Day took place on Friday 20th November 14:00-17:00 on Microsoft Teams.
It featured panel sessions discussing the impact of COVID-19 on IBD Research, and on current and future research projects, as well as facilitated discussions.
An overview of the different sessions is outlined below:
Covid-19 and IBD – Dr Charlie Lees and
Professor Ailsa Hart
- Introduction: What is currently known
- PREPARE & PROTECT IBD results – Professor Shaji Sebastian
- OPENSAFELY results – Professor Nick Kennedy
- CLARITY – Dr Tariq Ahmad
- Update on COVID vaccine studies – Dr Nick Powell
Current and Future IBD studies – Professor Shaji Sebastian and Professor James Lindsay
- Introduction: Impact of COVID on current activities and update – Dr Tim Raine
- Bioresource next steps & stage 2 studies – Dr Miles Parkes
- IBD Boost – Professor Christine Norton
- STOP-COLITIS – Dr Tariq Iqbal
- IBD response – Dr Chris Lamb
- Round up of other IBD studies
You can view the video recording for the BSG IBD Nurses Meeting here, which took place prior to this event, between 13:00 and 13:45.