This is a dual role (with differing responsibilities) as both Chairman and Vice-President of BSG Endoscopy
- To advance the practice of GI endoscopy within the UK and enhance the status and professionalism of its practitioners.
- To chair all meetings of the BSG Endoscopy Section, having constructed the agenda in conjunction with the Secretary and Treasurer.
- To arrange and chair endoscopy symposia at the BSG Annual Meeting, inviting named lecturers and arranging the selection of competitive honours (e.g. Hopkins Endoscopy Prize, travel fellowships etc.).
- To support and shape the development of the next Endolive meeting.
- To ensure that all functions involving the Endoscopy Section at the BSG are chaired, hosted, or led by members of the BSG Endoscopy Section.
- To negotiate joint symposia with other sections for the BSG Annual meeting.
- To represent the Endoscopy Section within the JAG to liaise with the NHS England Endoscopy Stakeholder Group and relevant National Clinical Directors (Diagnostics & GI and Liver). JAG is a key standards setting body in intestinal endoscopy and the Vice-President’s attendance is essential.
- To liaise with other professional stakeholders (the national bowel cancer screening team, HM Government, Devolved equivalents etc.).
- To be a point of contact for advice and expertise on matters relating to endoscopy, including to the media.
- To define and contribute to guidelines for underpinning best endoscopic practice (BSG, NICE and ESGE).
- To write the Endoscopy News section of the BSG paper newsletter four times per year.
- To promote the activities of BSG Endoscopy Section to internal and external audiences.
As a Senior Executive Officer of the BSG the responsibilities are:
- To serve on the BSG Executive, Council and a wide range of major committees.
- To deputise, if required, for the President or President-Elect as needed.
- To be a Trustee of the BSG (in second year of office).
- To represent the BSG on the Councils of the Association of Coloproctology and AUGIS. These roles could be taken on by another senior member of the Society.
- To act as the BSG representative on the World Endoscopy Organisation (WEO).
- To advance the interests of British gastroenterology, in its widest sense, in liaison with other professional bodies both in the UK and internationally.
To be considered for this role, submit your 2 page CV and cover letter to the CEO, Mark Hacker, at MHacker@bsg.org.uk by Wednesday 8th May 2019.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 28th May, 2019.
|Endoscopy Away Day||1 pa|
3 pa (1 at AGM/Annual Meeting)
|BSG Away Day||1 pa|
Education - same day
|Represent BSG at the following:|
|AUGIS Council||3 pa|
|ACPGBI Council||3 pa|
|Endoscopy training||1 pa|
|BCS Accreditation panel||3 pa|