The Education Weekend aims to address topics which are covered less frequently at local or regional training days, helping trainees to fulfil the more difficult to achieve curriculum competencies. FY/CMTs interested in Gastroenterology are also welcome to attend.
The programme will feature talks on:
- Care of GI disease in pregnancy
- IgG4 disease
- Radiological investigations for IBD
- Care of patient before and after liver transplantation
- Gastrointestinal worm infestations
- Extra-intestinal manifestations of IBD
- Lesion recognition
The evening dinner includes an address with by an esteemed gastroenterologist, while our annual trainees' debate is on the subject of "Does screening for Barrett's Oesophagus have a place in today's practice?"