The Leeds Course in Clinical Nutrition is aimed at you if you're a professional with an interest in Clinical Nutrition. It will particularly appeal to you if you have an interest patient nutrition.
The course is designed to provide a thorough grounding in all aspects of clinical nutrition. Specifically to:
- Summarise national nutrition drivers to provide a foundation for the course.
- Increase awareness of nutritional compromise and its consequences.
- Give practical guidance on assessment of patients, and discuss particular patient groups (surgical patients, those with irritable bowel syndrome, renal disease, eating disorders and liver disease).
- Discuss practicalities of feeding in terms of ethics, different methods of feeding and understand more about different techniques to give artificial nutrition.
- Establish principles of nutritional importance in extreme clinical situations (short bowel syndrome, refeeding syndrome, parenteral nutrition).
NHS/academic employees fee £505
A discount fee is available for BSG members. Please contact Katie Warner if you are a BSG member.
Course fees include:
- cost of tuition
- course materials
- light refreshments
- and the course dinner on Wednesday evening
To register for this event please contact the Course Coordinator, Katie Warner, on +44 (0)113 343 8104 or email email@example.com
View the course leaflet (including programme) here
This event has been endorsed by the BSG Education Committe and approved by the Federation of The Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 17 CPD points.