Endorsed Event: London Upper GI Symposium
The BSG is proud to endorse the 2nd London International Upper GI Symposium (LUGIS), which is now live! 2021 will be virtual with interactive Zoom sessions, quizzes, and Q&As.
1. Summarise the latest State of the art multidisciplinary approaches to the evaluation and management of patients with:
- Oropharyngeal disorders (ENT, neuromuscular, mechanical (pouches/cricopharyngeal spasm), functional)
- Oesophageal disorders (strictures, EoE, motility disorders)
- Reflux, heartburn and belching: functional vs organic causes
- Atypical reflux/LPR (Globus, throat clearing, hoarseness, chronic cough)
- Barrett’s oesophagus
- Non-cardiac chest pain
- Gastric polyps and H Pylori
2. Clarify common controversies in the diagnosis and management in certain scenarios
- EoE (role of EndoFLIP, PPIs, diet, strict remission versus on-need therapy, etc)
- Management of benign refractory strictures
- Safety of long term PPI use
- Testing and treatment pathways for patients with oropharyngeal symptoms
- Endoscopic versus surgical management of Zenker’s, achalasia and GORD
3. Emphasise the need for multidisciplinary approaches to those patients and the role of different specialties such as: dieticians, SALT, ENT, GI Physiology, Complimentary Medicine and GI psychology, GI radiology, GI surgery
Please see http://lugis.co.uk for the programme and registration details.
This event is endorsed by the BSG Education Committee and CPD points have been applied for.
The event usually attracts 6 RCP CPD points.