Event Endorsement Policy
The BSG Education Committee is responsible for the programme of all educational meetings of the society, including those organised by the BSG’s sections. The Committee considers all aspects of education in gastroenterology. It is responsible for considering applications for financial support in regard to attending conferences and educational training courses and it advises on nominations for such fellowships and awards. The BSG Education Strategy lays out its alignment with the BSG's mission statement, specifically its role in supporting the strategic pillar of service improvement and advancing knowledge, so that the Society remains a resource of high quality information, guidance and education.
The BSG is keen to enhance the exposure of the many excellent educational events that take place across the UK by providing BSG endorsement for the event. BSG endorsement carries many benefits to the organisers, including a presence on the BSG website and newsletter and assistance with conference calls. The guidance for BSG endorsement has been agreed by the Education Committee. Please refer to the guidance and complete the checklist if you are considering seeking the advantage of BSG endorsement for your event.
In addition to the terms in the guidance, please note the following:
- Events should have educational benefits for BSG members, at the discretion of the BSG Education Committee.
- There are four categories of approval or sponsorship.
a. ‘Listed’ meetings are those to which members can be signposted. Any relevant meeting can be listed in the events calendar.
b. ‘Endorsed’ meetings are those which the Society will ‘badge’ officially as being relevant and important for its members.
c. ‘Supported’ meetings are those meetings endorsed by the BSG for which additional BSG support is required or sought. The level of support available is at the discretion of the Education Committee. Sections of the BSG can apply for support no later than July for a meeting planned for the following calendar year.
d. ‘Organised’ meetings are those for which the BSG is entirely or substantially responsible e.g. Annual meeting.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to apply for Royal College CPD in advance (see CPD guidelines). Events aimed primarily at Trainees are not eligible for RCP CPD; a BSG Education Committee working group will assess these events.
- Event organisers should contact the BSG Education Committee as early as possible in order to benefit from potential promotion.
- Event organisers should avoid dates clashing with other BSG events. The BSG reserves the right to ask organisers to change the date if a clash would occur.
- The BSG Education Committee's decision is final.