Re: Our Specialty High Risk Patient Groups on Immunosuppression
NHS England is about to mandate Trusts over the Easter weekend to complete the task of sending the high risk patient cohort details back to central government – see below for instruction. There is meant to be a COVID-19 lead for each Trust in England. The identity of these leads will be known to your Trust CEO and MD.
What needs to be done:
- Give the list of your high risk patients to the Trust COVID-19 lead with return responsibility now.
- They will check against the list they have been given by NHS Digital of the shield coded patients who have open episodes aka on secondary care books.
- They will return detail of anyone not already COVID-19 At Risk coded to NHS Digital.
- NHS Digital will auto code those returns to primary care.
- NHS Digital will have on the master registry.
- Patients will be prioritised for shield services – food and medicine.
This is only for England. Our colleagues with relevant patient care responsibility only need to complete task 1.
The communication from NHS England has come very late on this so we are cascading this widely to try and meet the deadlines imposed (end of the Easter weekend).