Applications are sought for Committee members of the International Committee, one of the BSG Higher Committees. This is an important time for the Committee where the development of an increasing international membership, creating global networks and providing leadership in the fields of education and research are priorities for the BSG.
There are opportunities to apply for Secretary of the Committee, and for four international zonal development leads. For more information on these posts please contact Dr Neil Hawkes, BSG International Committee Chair– [email protected].
Secretary of the International Committee
The role of the committee is to promote, implement and develop the BSG International Strategy. The successful candidate will join the Committee at an important time where the development of an increasing international BSG membership, creating global networks in the post-Brexit era and providing leadership in the fields of education and research are priorities for the BSG. The post will be for three years.
The secretary to the International Committee will;
- Deputise for the Chair of the International Committee when required
- Support the work of the committee
- Develop BSG International membership
- Supervise BSG International Grants
- Co-ordinate communication to the BSG membership about the work of the committee
- Support delivery of educational workshops and learning materials
- Work with BSG International Zonal Development Leads
- Work with BSG Section committees
- Contribute to producing the BSG International Committee annual report
BSG International Zonal Development Leads
The BSG International Committee is inviting applications for four posts providing Clinical Leadership in each of four selected International Development Zones in a newly configured Higher Committee;
- Sub-saharan Africa
- North Africa and the Middle East
- Americas and Caribbean
Candidates will work with the BSG International Secretary to promote the work of the International Committee and BSG International membership. Applicants will be expected to have experience of international project work and demonstrate a track record of leadership in the fields of education, quality improvement or research. These posts will be for 3 years.
Zonal Development leads will;
- Co-ordinate developing networks comprising education, research, and training
- Identify existing or future opportunities for collaborative projects
- Work with other Specialist Societies, Academic Institutions, grant awarding bodies and industry partners to deliver the BSG International Strategy
- Develop a register of historical and planned BSG members and teams delivering education, quality improvement or research projects within their specified global region
- Assist with the evaluation of BSG International Grant proposals
- Promote publication of international project work and provide support for application for educational and research grants
- Contribute to the BSG International Committee annual report
The BSG is committed to a policy of diversity and inclusion in all its activities and appointments. All applications who meet the published job specification and criteria will be considered without regard to age, race, gender, orientation, ethnicity, in accordance with the Society’s approved E & I policy.
Applications close on 4th October 2020.
Candidates for these posts will be shortlisted for a Microsoft Teams interview with a panel consisting of the BSG International Committee Chair, BSG Secretary (representing the BSG Executive team) and the BSG Office team. These interviews will take place on 19th October 2020 (between 1.30-3.30) via teleconference call.
The successful applicant will need to attend the next International Committee Meeting on Thursday 5th November, 2.00 – 4.00pm, with an induction that morning. The meeting will be held at the BSG offices, but there is opportunity to attend remotely if required.
To apply, please fill out the form below and upload your CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the role.
For more information on these posts please contact Dr Neil Hawkes, BSG International Committee Chair– [email protected].