The Core-Dr Falk Pharma UK Awards 2017
Monday, 31 October 2016 13:28
To celebrate 10 years of collaboration, promoting research and investing in young researchers, Core and Dr Falk are pleased to announce the 2017 awards. In addition to the awards below, a new award for specialist gastroenterology/hepatology registrars will be announced early in 2017.
The Core - Dr Falk awards recognise the achievements of those who bring new knowledge and insight to the field of gastroenterology and hepatology. For those committed to furthering research or patient care, these awards provide an opportunity to achieve national recognition as well as the financial support for career progression.
- A £1,000 prize for the best essay on gastroenterology or hepatology research personally undertaken by medical students who were on an intercalated BSc/MRes/MBPhD/MSc/MPH course during the previous academic year (2015/16)
- Four £1,500 prizes for medical students taking full-time science degrees (BSc/MRes/MBPhD/MSc/MPH) focusing on gastrointestinal or liver-related disease in the current academic year (2016/17)
- Two £2,500 awards for F1/F2 doctors to facilitate prospective research in an area relevant to gastroenterology or hepatology
- A £1,000 award for primary and secondary care gastrointestinal / liver nurses for initiatives that have advanced patient care.
The application deadline is 5.00pm on Friday 3rd March 2017. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
For further information and to apply:
UEG fellowships 2017 for young clinicians and researchers
Friday, 30 September 2016 14:05
UEG are supporting 25 young clinicians and 5 researchers below 40 with up to €1,000 each. Don't miss this unique opportunity to spend two weeks in a top-class European training centre in 2017:
Application deadline: January 31st 2017
Learn more about UEG fellowships - meet next year's host centres in the Young GI Lounge at UEG Week on October 18th
Dame Sheila Sherlock travelling fellowships
Friday, 23 September 2016 13:12
The fellowships offer consultants and trainees the opportunity to learn new techniques and acquire new experiences, ideas and stimulation through travel and the exchange of ideas.
Two travelling fellowships are available, covering a period of 1 month each, and will be offered to one consultant and one trainee. Each fellowship will be for a maximum of £2,000, with the recipients being responsible for funding any additional costs.
How to apply
MRC - Explore your career options - Interactive career framework
Wednesday, 10 August 2016 10:50
The MRC’s interactive career framework is a very useful tool which allows researchers to look at career options in biomedical research.
The framework gives information on possible options for a career in biomedical research within academia and /or industry: the roles and routes displayed are illustrative and not exhaustive.
HSJ Clinical Research Impact Award
Wednesday, 04 May 2016 13:43
The HSJ Clinical Research Impact Award provides an opportunity to recognise and reward the inspirational work that is taking place across the NHS to make clinical research a core activity.
This award celebrates NHS organisations dedicated to furthering clinical research, ensuring advances quickly reach practice and improve care.
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP) and National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network award scheme
- National survey of Gastroenterology trainees' experience and intentions in research and academia
- MRCP(UK) Specialty Certificate Examination in Gastroenterology fee reduced by 23 per cent
- Peter Cotton Advanced Endoscopy Travel Scholarships
Page 2 of 4