Invitation to apply to MSD "IBD Academy" 2016
Friday, 17 June 2016 15:19
This programme, which has been running for 8 years, allows trainees with a particular interest in IBD to undergo training in important professional skills at a weekend course, and subsequent full sponsorship to attend the 12th annual European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO) congress, which is from February 15th to 18th 2017 in Barcelona.
The weekend course will be held in London on November 19th/20th 2016, and has the overall objective of improving the quality of care provided to patients. It will cover subjects such as workforce planning, NHS structure, service development, setting up clinical research, the consultant’s role in the new NHS and the challenges of being a new consultant.
- Download invitation and agenda [ 1.09 kb ]
Application Deadline: July 24th 2016.
Don't forget to apply for a travel bursary for UEG 2016
Tuesday, 12 July 2016 14:17
The deadline for applications is fast approaching (27 July 2016) - don't forget to send yours in! Full details are available on how to apply for up to £800 to help with your registration, travel and hotel costs. Don't delay! Vienna in October.... you could be there.
UEG Rising Stars 2017
Thursday, 26 May 2016 06:37
Application period begins 1 June 2016
Every year, the National Societies Committee and the UEG Scientific Committee jointly select 6-8 emerging clinical scientists as 'Rising Stars', based on a track record of international quality research and developing scientific independence. This initiative provides a durable platform for these young researchers to further evolve their professional careers.
Applications are invited from the following target group:
- Clinical scientists at any level (but a full professor title will not be accepted)
- 40 years of age or younger at the time of application (born September 16, 1975 or later)*
- Must have as country of residence Europe (including UK) and/or a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea
- Candidates may apply maximum 3 times for the Rising Star Award
*add two years to age limit per child as main carer
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Download and carefully read the criteria for applicants and selection process
- Download and complete the 2017 application form
- Download the Template for Society's support confirmation (which must be completed and signed by the supporting Society)
- Submit the completed forms via the UEGs online Application system
Please note that you must be a member of the BSG if you would like the BSG to consider supporting your application.
HSJ Clinical Research Impact Award
Wednesday, 04 May 2016 13:43
The HSJ Clinical Research Impact Award provides an opportunity to recognise and reward the inspirational work that is taking place across the NHS to make clinical research a core activity.
This award celebrates NHS organisations dedicated to furthering clinical research, ensuring advances quickly reach practice and improve care.
Royal College of Physicians (RCP) and National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network award scheme
Friday, 06 May 2016 09:38
The Royal College of Physicians and National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network award scheme aims to recognise NHS trainees and consultants who are active in research.
The following awards are currently available:
- Five trainee awards of £500 per trainee
- Five consultant awards of £500 per consultant
- Trainee award winners will be invited to attend the Royal College of Physicians new members ceremony on 14 September 2016.
- Consultant award winners will be invited to the Harveian Oration on 20 October 2016.
- The Royal College of Physicians will also invite a trainee and consultant awardee to present at their annual conference in 2017.
- Applicants must be NHS clinicians (clinical academics are not eligible) and a member of the Royal College of Physicians.
- Clinicians can enter under one of two categories: Trainee / Consultant
Application forms must be received no later than midnight on 1 June 2016.
Page 1 of 4