Core announces two research fellowships
Monday, 26 September 2016 12:28
Core has two substantial 3-year fellowship opportunities that are available only once every three years. If you’re interested in carrying out research on the oesophagus, stomach or duodenum, don’t miss out on the Core Derek Butler Fellowship. If you're interested in pancreatic inflammation or injury, the Core Amelie Waring Fellowship is the one for you. Core – fighting digestive diseases through research.
Dame Sheila Sherlock travelling fellowships
Friday, 23 September 2016 13:12
The fellowships offer consultants and trainees the opportunity to learn new techniques and acquire new experiences, ideas and stimulation through travel and the exchange of ideas.
Two travelling fellowships are available, covering a period of 1 month each, and will be offered to one consultant and one trainee. Each fellowship will be for a maximum of £2,000, with the recipients being responsible for funding any additional costs.
How to apply
MRC - Explore your career options - Interactive career framework
Wednesday, 10 August 2016 10:50
The MRC’s interactive career framework is a very useful tool which allows researchers to look at career options in biomedical research.
The framework gives information on possible options for a career in biomedical research within academia and /or industry: the roles and routes displayed are illustrative and not exhaustive.
HSJ Clinical Research Impact Award
Wednesday, 04 May 2016 13:43
The HSJ Clinical Research Impact Award provides an opportunity to recognise and reward the inspirational work that is taking place across the NHS to make clinical research a core activity.
This award celebrates NHS organisations dedicated to furthering clinical research, ensuring advances quickly reach practice and improve care.
Royal College of Physicians (RCP) and National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network award scheme
Friday, 06 May 2016 09:38
The Royal College of Physicians and National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network award scheme aims to recognise NHS trainees and consultants who are active in research.
The following awards are currently available:
- Five trainee awards of £500 per trainee
- Five consultant awards of £500 per consultant
- Trainee award winners will be invited to attend the Royal College of Physicians new members ceremony on 14 September 2016.
- Consultant award winners will be invited to the Harveian Oration on 20 October 2016.
- The Royal College of Physicians will also invite a trainee and consultant awardee to present at their annual conference in 2017.
- Applicants must be NHS clinicians (clinical academics are not eligible) and a member of the Royal College of Physicians.
- Clinicians can enter under one of two categories: Trainee / Consultant
Application forms must be received no later than midnight on 1 June 2016.
Page 1 of 3