MRC - Explore your career options - Interactive career framework
Wednesday, 10 August 2016 10:50
The MRC’s interactive career framework is a very useful tool which allows researchers to look at career options in biomedical research.
The framework gives information on possible options for a career in biomedical research within academia and /or industry: the roles and routes displayed are illustrative and not exhaustive.
Norgine Trainee Bursary to attend BASL Annual Conference 2016
Tuesday, 02 August 2016 12:22
The BSG Trainees Section and BASL are very pleased to offer 5 bursaries for trainees to attend the BASL Annual Meeting to be held September 7th - 9th in Manchester. Supported by Norgine Pharmaceuticals, the bursary is available to trainee members of the BSG or BASL. Applicants must hold a specialty registrar training number in gastroenterology or be in a LAT post.
Each bursary will be awarded following competitive application and judging by the BSG/BASL independent of the sponsoring company. The bursary will cover reasonable travel (booked by NPL or agents of), congress registration fees, 2 night's accommodation at the Hilton Hotel Manchester Piccadilly and one welcome dinner in terms of subsistence
Review Process by Panel
Bursary Application Deadline: 10th August 2016
Advise applicants of status of their submission: 15th August 2016
Deadline for confirmation of acceptance: 19th August 2016
Advise reserve list of status of their submission: 25th August 2016
Deadline for reserve list to confirm their acceptance (if applicable): 31st August 2016
The bursary application form and guidance notes can be found below:
Invitation to apply to MSD "IBD Academy" 2016
Friday, 17 June 2016 15:19
This programme, which has been running for 8 years, allows trainees with a particular interest in IBD to undergo training in important professional skills at a weekend course, and subsequent full sponsorship to attend the 12th annual European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO) congress, which is from February 15th to 18th 2017 in Barcelona.
The weekend course will be held in London on November 19th/20th 2016, and has the overall objective of improving the quality of care provided to patients. It will cover subjects such as workforce planning, NHS structure, service development, setting up clinical research, the consultant’s role in the new NHS and the challenges of being a new consultant.
- Download invitation and agenda [ 1.09 kb ]
Application Deadline: July 24th 2016.
UEG Rising Stars 2017
Thursday, 26 May 2016 06:37
Application period begins 1 June 2016
Every year, the National Societies Committee and the UEG Scientific Committee jointly select 6-8 emerging clinical scientists as 'Rising Stars', based on a track record of international quality research and developing scientific independence. This initiative provides a durable platform for these young researchers to further evolve their professional careers.
Applications are invited from the following target group:
- Clinical scientists at any level (but a full professor title will not be accepted)
- 40 years of age or younger at the time of application (born September 16, 1975 or later)*
- Must have as country of residence Europe (including UK) and/or a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea
- Candidates may apply maximum 3 times for the Rising Star Award
*add two years to age limit per child as main carer
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Download and carefully read the criteria for applicants and selection process
- Download and complete the 2017 application form
- Download the Template for Society's support confirmation (which must be completed and signed by the supporting Society)
- Submit the completed forms via the UEGs online Application system
Please note that you must be a member of the BSG if you would like the BSG to consider supporting your application.
HSJ Clinical Research Impact Award
Wednesday, 04 May 2016 13:43
The HSJ Clinical Research Impact Award provides an opportunity to recognise and reward the inspirational work that is taking place across the NHS to make clinical research a core activity.
This award celebrates NHS organisations dedicated to furthering clinical research, ensuring advances quickly reach practice and improve care.
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP) and National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network award scheme
- National survey of Gastroenterology trainees' experience and intentions in research and academia
- MRCP(UK) Specialty Certificate Examination in Gastroenterology fee reduced by 23 per cent
- Peter Cotton Advanced Endoscopy Travel Scholarships
Page 1 of 4