UEG Practice Course on EBM
Thursday, 10 July 2014 11:22
This course takes place on the occasion of UEG Week Vienna and is designed for junior and senior physicians alike, providing lectures, break-out group working and reporting and guided discussions. The UEG Practice Course helps intensify the flow of knowledge from research to practice.
Deadline for applications is July 27.
Applications for MSD "IBD Academy” 2014
Tuesday, 01 July 2014 08:37
This scheme allows trainees with a particular interest in IBD to undergo training in important non-cliincal skills at a weekend course (November 15th - 16th 2014, in London), with subsequent full sponsorship to attend the 10th annual ECCO Congress in Barcelona in 2015. Closing date for applications is July 18th.
UEG Rising Stars 2015 - nominations open
Friday, 06 June 2014 07:43
- One A4 page Curriculum Vitae.
- Listing of full papers, downloaded from Medline or PubMed.
- A short (maximum 300 words) outline of the talk they would give at UEG Week if selected as Rising Star.
Candidates for Rising Stars 2015
- Must be born October 1, 1973 or later.
- Must reside in Europe or the Mediterranean area (countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea).
- Must show at least one publication in a major journal (Journal of Hepatology, Gut, Hepatology, Gastroenterology and above) or at least 3 publications in other renowned peer-review journals. Please note that this is a minimum criterion and in practice Rising Star awardees have substantial international quality publication records.
- May be at any academic level except full professor.
- Have to be able to give their talk at UEG Week in English.
Tuesday, 02 April 2013 12:34
We have an exciting offer for you - if you are interested in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and are under the age of 35 or still in training you can join Young-ECCO (Y-ECCO)!
We are a dynamic group of young clinicians and scientists interested in IBD within the European Crohn's and Colitis Organization (ECCO). We want to foster interaction, collaboration and exchange and help our members to participate in the educational and scientific activities of ECCO. We have a great programme:
- Yearly educational workshop providing tools and advice for a career in IBD
- Yearly networking event to bring Y-ECCOs together in an informal atmosphere
- Y-ECCO abstract awards to support our members’ excellent scientific work
- Contribute to the ECCO e-learning platform by developing cases, podcasts, etc.
- Quarterly literature review: Comment on a recent landmark article and get published!
- Co-chair at a plenary session at the yearly ECCO conference - alongside an experienced colleague
- Y-ECCO interview: Submit questions that are answered by established leaders in the field
- Participate in our European wide educational survey about the future of Gastroenterology (www.surveymonkey.com/s/YECCOsurvey). All participants will be entered into a drawing for free ECCO memberships for one year.
- Submit your clinical study proposal and get constructive feedback by experts in your field. In addition you could qualify for endorsement of your study by Y-ECCO!
- Further information [ 5 Mb ]
On behalf of the Y-ECCO Committee
Hepatology at a Glance
Friday, 11 January 2013 15:31
With the start of the new year, we are pleased to announce that we had an overwhelming response to the call for applications to co-author Hepatology at a Glance. The quality of the applications was quite outstanding but there were 2 clear winners, Dr Deepak Joshi and Dr Geri Keane: they join Dr Alison Brind Senior Editor, on the team. We have also nominated Dr Ahmir Ahmad to champion the junior general medical trainee viewpoint and to bring his very specific general editorial expertise to the project. If successful we hope that there will be further opportunities to collaborate with Wiley-Blackwell in this way and would encourage many of you who submitted excellent applications to keep these future ventures in mind.
Trainee Section Chair
Page 1 of 2