ECCO 14th IBD Intensive Advanced Course 2016 - Call for Applications
March 16-17th, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (just prior to ECCO 2016 meeting)
Dr Barney Hawthorne, Chair BSG IBD Section Committee
On behalf of the BSG, we invite you to apply for the next ECCO advanced IBD training course in Amsterdam. This course is extremely useful for all those who want to make IBD an important part of their clinical practice as a consultant, and has been highly praised by previous attendees from the UK. There are 3 places for UK applicants, but we will also hold 3 reserves as extra places are usually available. Places are competitive and awarded to those with commitment and involvement in IBD, on the basis of a submitted CV.
Because the course falls into your next year of training, applicants have had concerns that they may not be given leave to attend from a future job. The BSG will supply a letter of support to ensure that your supervisors are aware of the significance and value of the course, and will support attendance.
The following are necessary:
- Applicants should be ST4 or above with an IBD interest
- You need to be an ECCO member (easy to join online)
To apply: please send a) your CV and b) a letter of support from a consultant with an IBD interest to:
Closing date for applications: July 31st 2015.
The outcomes of your application will be provided by early Oct 2015.
Royal College of Physicians census of consultant physicians and trainees 2013-2014
Monday, 29 June 2015 11:29
Census of consultant physicians and higher specialty trainees in the UK - Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2013–14
The Royal College of Physicians (London) has published the full report of the 2013/14 census of consultant physicians and higher specialty trainees in the UK. The census measures the number of consultant physicians and higher specialty trainees working in the UK, as well as gathering vital information about how physicians are working.
To accompany the full report of the census the Royal College of Physicians (London) are also publishing short reports and commentaries for each of the 29 physician specialties. These offer a more in depth look at the workforce in each individual specialty.
- View document [ 5.5 Mb ]
UEG Rising Stars 2016 - nominations open
Friday, 05 June 2015 08:27
Every year, the UEG's National Societies Committee and Scientific Committee jointly select up to 10 emerging clinical scientists. Those young researchers are awarded Rising Star status based on a track record of international-quality research and developing scientific independence. This initiative provides a durable platform for young researchers to give state-of-the-art lectures and chair scientific sessions at UEG Week.
- The completed application form (download template)
- One A4 page Curriculum Vitae.
- Listing of full papers, downloaded from Medline or PubMed.
- A short (maximum 300 words) outline of the talk they would give at UEG Week if selected as Rising Star.
- a proposed review article for potential publication in the UEG Journal if selected as Rising Star.
Nominees need all this plus the supporting letter for their application to UEG.
Candidates for Rising Stars 2015
- Must be born October 1, 1974 or later.
- Must reside in Europe or in countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
- Must show at least one publication as first, corresponding or last author in a major journal (Journal of Hepatology, Gut, Hepatology, Gastroenterology and above) or at least 3 publications in other renowned peer-review journals. Please note that this is a minimum criterion and in practice Rising Star awardees have substantial international quality publication records.
- May be at any academic level except full professor.
- Have to be able to give their talk at UEG Week in English.
MSD/BSG Bursary for Travel to UEGW 2015
Wednesday, 03 June 2015 09:21
The BSG Education Committee invites BSG members (including scientists, trainees and consultants in the first 5 years of their career in any area of gastroenterology) to apply for 10 travel bursaries. Each bursary of up to £800 is funded by MSD and is intended to reimburse the costs of registration, travel and/or accommodation for attendance at UEGW 23 in Barcelona, Spain, 24-29 October 2015, but no other costs. Receipts must be provided.
The BSG is solely responsible for all aspects of administering the BSG/MSD Travel Bursary Scheme, including Education Committee assessment of applications and selection of recipients. Additional criteria: presentation of research paper (oral or poster at UEGW) and/or specific purpose of attending UEGW ie workshop or clinical presentation which is not supported by other funding.
The names of successful applicants will be supplied by the BSG to MSD upon selection. Recipients will be invited by MSD to an awards dinner during UEGW. Recipients must provide feedback on the bursary scheme after the conference. MSD confirms that the funding is not conditional on, or provided in the expectation of, the prescription, supply, administration or recommendation of any MSD product.
- Application form [67 kb ]
Applications for MSD "IBD Academy" 2015
Friday, 22 May 2015 14:00
This scheme allows trainees with a particular interest in IBD to undergo training in important non-clinical skills at a weekend course (November 28th - 29th 2015, in London), with subsequent full sponsorship to attend the 11th annual ECCO Congress in Amsterdam (16-19 March 2016). Closing date for applications is July 17th.
- Download invitation and agenda [ 379 kb ]
Page 1 of 2