Welcome to the BSG Student and Foundation Doctor Membership Microsite!
The BSG is launching a student/foundation doctor membership scheme. This aims to promote our specialty to aspiring medical students and junior trainees to give them a taste of membership of our professional Society before committing to full Trainee membership. We are looking to attract student and foundation doctors who show enthusiasm for Gastroenterology by participation in audit, research SSU's or other gastroenterology related projects.
Benefits of this scheme include access to a tailored microsite on the BSG website, with educational content, political commentary and an informal mentoring scheme (supported by the BSG Trainee section). Substantially reduced conference rates are available for BSG scientific meetings and submission of abstracts is actively encouraged.
To apply, students and foundation doctors should complete and down load a simple membership application and direct debit form, available on the open BSG homepage. Cost is minimal (£15pa). You will need the support of a BSG member to join: their BSG membership number and contact email on your application form, acts as authentication for your application
Download and complete the application form and return with the direct debit mandate to the BSG offices. You will need the email and BSG membership number of the Consultant sponsoring your application (this could be a gastroenterologist who is your educational/clinical supervisor or a supervising gastroenterologist for your clinical attachment, SSU or foundation post.).
Once the BSG receive this they will email you and your sponsor to confirm receipt of your application. You will then be contacted to make your first payment of £15 (after the first payment all future payments will be taken by yearly DD).
Download the Proposal for Student Membership application form:
We have an exciting offer for you - if you are interested in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and are under the age of 35 or still in training you can join Young-ECCO (Y-ECCO)!
We are a dynamic group of young clinicians and scientists interested in IBD within the European Crohn's and Colitis Organization (ECCO). We want to foster interaction, collaboration and exchange and help our members to participate in the educational and scientific activities of ECCO. We have a great programme:
- Yearly educational workshop providing tools and advice for a career in IBD
- Yearly networking event to bring Y-ECCOs together in an informal atmosphere
- Y-ECCO abstract awards to support our members’ excellent scientific work
- Contribute to the ECCO e-learning platform by developing cases, podcasts, etc.
- Quarterly literature review: Comment on a recent landmark article and get published!
- Co-chair at a plenary session at the yearly ECCO conference - alongside an experienced colleague
- Y-ECCO interview: Submit questions that are answered by established leaders in the field
- Participate in our European wide educational survey about the future of Gastroenterology (www.surveymonkey.com/s/YECCOsurvey). All participants will be entered into a drawing for free ECCO memberships for one year.
- Submit your clinical study proposal and get constructive feedback by experts in your field. In addition you could qualify for endorsement of your study by Y-ECCO!
- Further information [ 5 Mb ]
On behalf of the Y-ECCO Committee