BSG Trainees Section Prizes 2015
The call for the 2015 round of awards will be made in November 2014:
- The Alistair McIntyre Prize for Improving Gastroenterology Training
- BSG Trainees Section Out of Programme Award
- The BSG Young Gastroenterologist of the Year – Clinical & Translational Science
- The BSG Young Gastroenterologist of the Year – Emerging Leader
The results of the 2014 round of awards will be published on this page shortly.
BSG Annual Meeting 2013 abstract submission and TS prizes
Dr John Seenan
We received a record number of applications this year for the BSG Trainees Section Prizes.
- The Alistair McIntyre Prize for Improving Gastroenterology Training (£1000) was awarded to Dr Louise China of University College London Hospital for her work in developing a new DOPS tool for the training and assessment of the endoscopic management of upper GI bleeding.
- The Out of Programme Award (£500) went to Dr Lachlan Ayres of Frenchay Hospital North Bristol NHS Trust to support him in gaining advanced endoscopy experience as a Senior Gastroenterology Fellow at Freemantle Hospital in Perth, Western Australia.
Congratulations to both winners!
The awards for best oral presentation (£300) and poster (£200) in the Training & Education category will be presented on 25th June at the Trainees Section symposium and poster round respectively.
The BSG Trainees Section Prizes 2014 will open for submissions in late 2013.
BSG Trainees Section Prizes 2011-2012
All this year's applications were of a very high standard. Submissions were again judged by members of the BSG Education and Training committees.
- The Improving Gastroenterology Training Prize (£1000) awarded to Dr Neeraj Bhala whose project aims to incorporate population health, management and leadership in gastroenterology training through the addition of evening seminars.
- The Out of Programme Award (£500) was awarded to Dr Simon Hazeldine who is undertaking a Senior Fellowship in Hepatology and Endoscopic Ultrasound at Fremantle Hospital in Western Australia.
- The BSG Trainees Section best oral presentation prize 2012 (£300) was awarded to Dr Kurien for 'Is Research Declining Amongst Gastroenterology Trainees'
- The BSG Trainees Section best poster presentation prize 2012 (£200) was awarded to Dr Chelvaratnam for 'Training in Gastroenterology in Severn: Implementation of Change Improves Training'
The BSG Trainees Section Prizes for 2012-2013 will be advertised on the Trainees Section of the BSG website and by e-Newsletter later this year. We would strongly encourage you to apply if eligible.