BSG Annual Meeting 2013 abstract submission and TS prizes
A reminder that the closing deadline for abstract submissions to the BSG Annual Meeting is 18th January 2013. The TS will judge submissions to our renamed title 'Training & Education' for the following prizes:
- TS best oral presentation (£300)
- TS best poster presentation prize (£200)
BSG Trainees Section Prizes 2011-2012
All this year's applications were of a very high standard. Submissions were again judged by members of the BSG Education and Training committees.
- The Improving Gastroenterology Training Prize (£1000) awarded to Dr Neeraj Bhala whose project aims to incorporate population health, management and leadership in gastroenterology training through the addition of evening seminars.
- The Out of Programme Award (£500) was awarded to Dr Simon Hazeldine who is undertaking a Senior Fellowship in Hepatology and Endoscopic Ultrasound at Fremantle Hospital in Western Australia.
- The BSG Trainees Section best oral presentation prize 2012 (£300) was awarded to Dr Kurien for 'Is Research Declining Amongst Gastroenterology Trainees'
- The BSG Trainees Section best poster presentation prize 2012 (£200) was awarded to Dr Chelvaratnam for 'Training in Gastroenterology in Severn: Implementation of Change Improves Training'
The BSG Trainees Section Prizes for 2012-2013 will be advertised on the Trainees Section of the BSG website and by e-Newsletter later this year. We would strongly encourage you to apply if eligible.