The National Oesophago-gastric Cancer Audit Roadshows
The National Oesophago-gastric Cancer Audit will run from October 2006 to 2009. This clinical led audit is run by a team consisting of members from:
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons for Great Britain and Ireland
- National Clinical Audit Support Programme, Information Centre
- Clinical Effectiveness Unit, Royal College of Surgeons of England
The audit is funded by the Healthcare Commission and is one of a series of National Cancer Audits (Lung cancer, Bowel cancer, Head and Neck and Mastectomy and Breast Reconstruction)
All eligible NHS trusts in England and Wales will be invited to participate. Data collection will begin in October 2007.
The Roadshows are half day events aimed at launching the prospective data collection phase of the audit and provide an update on the links with Peer Review and the Healthcare Commission. The agenda will include: current audit update, overview of the national picture, demonstration of the audit database, information on how to join, helpdesk procedures and contact details.
- Oesophago-gastric Cancer Audit Roadshows [ 113 Kb ]