12th & 13th TECNA Courses
Therapeutic Endoscopy Courses For Endoscopy Nurse Assistants & Nurse Consultants
These courses provide a review of relevant practical aspects of therapeutic endoscopy, include several practical demonstrations followed by "hands-on experience" with endoscopy accessories at several work stations.
All delegates attending the courses will be provided with a "TECNA course manual" dedicated for nurses working in endoscopy. Each course will accommodate only 50 delegates, hence early registration is recommended.
Dates: 14th September 2012 & 22nd March 2013
Venue: Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester & Holiday Inn, Filton, Bristol
Contact: R Saravanan/Barbara Bennett
1st Floor Henbury House
West Park, Victoria Road
Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 3BL
Fax: 01625 661904
GI Endoscopy & Related Procedures Course
The University of SheffieldCentre for Health
and Social Care Studies and Service Development
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Related Procedures Course
- 20 credits diploma or degree level
- 10 study days
The overall aim of this module is to enable participants to critically evaluate and analyse existing practice, in order to broaden skills and knowledge specific to endoscopy and gastroenterology. This will be achieved through a process of reflection and will focus on key areas of practice, which include conscious sedation and informed consent. In addition, the physical, social and psychological impact on the patient with a gastrointestinal related condition will be explored from a clinical perspective.
- Registered nurses working within the speciality of endoscopy or gastroenterology. This can be ward or department based.
- Assessment is through a 4000 word reflective assignment.
To apply for a place on this course, please visit:
- Browse under G in the alphabetical list of programmes
- Choose Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Related Procedures Course
- Submit an on-line form to reserve a place
- Download and complete an application form
- If appropriate obtain approval from your line manager
- If appropriate obtain approval from the Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) lead at your Trust
- Return the form to us at least five weeks before the start of the course
For further information contact Tracey Moore, Programme Leader/Contact
+44 114 222 2056
The National Endoscopy Programme
JAG Endoscopy Training System (JETS)
The National Endoscopy Team have introdudced a new centralised booking system for endoscopy training courses in England. (Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland to be added in coming weeks). For further information please follow the link below:Jets website