GI Endoscopy & Related Procedures Course
The University of SheffieldCentre for Health
and Social Care Studies and Service Development
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Related Procedures Course
- 20 credits diploma or degree level
- 10 study days
The overall aim of this module is to enable participants to critically evaluate and analyse existing practice, in order to broaden skills and knowledge specific to endoscopy and gastroenterology. This will be achieved through a process of reflection and will focus on key areas of practice, which include conscious sedation and informed consent. In addition, the physical, social and psychological impact on the patient with a gastrointestinal related condition will be explored from a clinical perspective.
- Registered nurses working within the speciality of endoscopy or gastroenterology. This can be ward or department based.
- Assessment is through a 4000 word reflective assignment.
To apply for a place on this course, please visit:
- Browse under G in the alphabetical list of programmes
- Choose Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Related Procedures Course
- Submit an on-line form to reserve a place
- Download and complete an application form
- If appropriate obtain approval from your line manager
- If appropriate obtain approval from the Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) lead at your Trust
- Return the form to us at least five weeks before the start of the course
For further information contact Tracey Moore, Programme Leader/Contact
+44 114 222 2056