BSG Endoscopy Research Workshop
Friday, 21 January 2011 15:57
Wednesday 8th December 2010
The first BSG Endoscopy Research Workshop was held in London in December. This was sponsored by the BSG Research Committee and is planned to become an annual event, as well as a template for research workshops in other BSG sections. The BSG Endoscopy Research Network has had a productive start with several studies funded or in development. The aim of this meeting was to build on this, and to make endoscopy research in the UK more inclusive. It is evident that there is great enthusiasm for endoscopy research and the meeting was oversubscribed. 50 delegates and faculty contributed to a very exciting and productive day.
The first half of the meeting involved high quality practical presentations from leading researchers, and representatives from funding bodies. The afternoon involved workshops to develop new ideas for high quality collaborative endoscopic research with nominated leads to develop the projects. Outline protocols were developed in the fields of endoscopic imaging, endoluminal therapy, EUS/ERCP, training, and translational research. The day was rounded off by a keynote presentation by Prof. Tom Walley, Director NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies, and Director of the HTA. This was an excellent opportunity to showcase the enthusiasm and expertise in endoscopy research in the UK.
Presentations from the workshop can be downloaded below.
Opportunities for Funding Endoscopy Research
- Introduction - Dr AM Veitch [ 27 kb ]
- CLRN Funding - Dr S Bloom [ 3.5 Mb ]
- Core - Prof R Jones [ 430 kb ]
- Collaboration with Industry -Prof CJ Hawkey [ 6.5 Mb ]
Clinical Trials in Endoscopy: Design, Development and Feasibility
- How the BSG can help - Prof MA Hull [ 1 Mb ]
- Local Trials Networks - Dr C Rees [ 3.7 Mb ]
- National Multicentre Trials: Practical Considerations - Prof H Barr [ 8.6 Mb ]
- Research Design Service - Dr AM Veitch [ 18 kb ]
NIHR: Opportunities for Research and Funding
- Presentation - T Walley [ 1.3 Mb ]