Shire Innovation Fund for Specialist Registrars for 2015
Thursday, 15 January 2015 07:31
The Shire Innovation Fund for Specialist Registrars for 2015 is now open for applications. This initiative, sponsored by Shire, aims to support specialist registrars working in gastroenterology and inflammatory bowel diseases who want to develop projects to benefit patient care in the UK. Please note that any SpR in year three or above who are physicians or surgeons, or in related specialities such as pathology or radiology, including research fellows can apply for support of innovative projects that will benefit patient care.
A total of £7,500 will be made available for types of proposals that will enhance patient care or local IBD services. The deadline for applications for this fund is 5pm, Thursday 5th February 2015.
BSPGHAN/Core Grant 2015
Friday, 19 December 2014 13:27
Core (www.corecharity.org.uk) and The British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (BSPGHAN www.bspghan.org.uk) promote collaborative research studies across the spectrum of adult and paediatric gastrointestinal, hepatological and nutritional disorders.
Core and BSPGHAN are co-funding a scheme to provide financial support for the collection of pilot or proof-of-concept data that will enable a high-quality competitive application to be made subsequently to a research council or other large funder. Applications are therefore invited from collaborators planning multicentre research studies on any topic within paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition.
Research call details: Core and BSPGHAN propose to fund 2 projects with awards up to £40,000/project over a maximum of 18 months. Indirect costs will not be supported. Provided the study meets the NIHR’s definition of 'research study', the selected project(s) will also be eligible for adoption by the UK Clinical Research Network and therefore will be eligible for NHS support costs. Funding will be available only in the UK.
- The research should cover an aspect of paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and/or nutrition
- The project must involve collaboration across at least two paediatric units (undertaking gastroenterology or hepatology or nutrition at a secondary or tertiary level)
Dr Falk Pharma UK/Core Awards 2015
Friday, 17 October 2014 13:52
The Dr Falk Pharma UK/Core Awards 2015
The Dr Falk/Core awards recognise those who bring new knowledge and insight to the field of gastroenterology and hepatology. For those committed to furthering research or patient care, this year's awards are an opportunity to achieve national recognition as well as the financial support for career progression.
This year's prizes include:
- A £1,000 essay prize for medical students on BSc or MRes courses
- Four £1,500 bursaries for medical students taking full time science degrees
- Two £2,500 bursaries to support research for F1/F2 doctors
- A £1,000 award for primary and secondary care nurses for initiatives which have advanced patient care.
The application deadline is 5pm on Monday 16th March 2015. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please visit Core's website to download an application form.
Sir Francis Avery-Jones BSG Research Award 2015
Thursday, 09 October 2014 09:34
Applications are invited by the Research Committee of the British Society of Gastroenterology and must include:
- One A4 page ONLY describing the work conducted.
- A bibliography of relevant personal publications.
- An outline of the proposed content of the lecture, including title.
- A written statement confirming that all or a substantial part of the work has been personally conducted in the UK or Eire.
- A written statement confirming that the applicant will be aged 40 years or less OR will have held a Consultant/Honorary Consultant post for less than 5 years (or whole-time equivalent if part time or in intermittent employment) on the date of the lecture.
Entrants need not be a member of the Society.
The recipient will be required to deliver a 15 minute lecture during the BSG's plenary session at the next annual meeting of the Society, which will be the Digestive Disorders Federation (DDF) meeting (22-25 June 2015 at the Excel Centre, London).
Page 1 of 2