November 2012: "Industry & Innovation" Research Plenary
Several speakers from industry met the Clinical Studies Groups (CSGs) and the Research Committee on 16 November at Park Crescent Conference Centre in London. The aim of the day was to learn more about ways of working together to undertake and promote clinical research in the UK. Presentations and the discussions afterwards were lively. Each CSG then presented a brief summary of progress made over the past 18 months and some plans for future work. Ways to improve interactivity and contributions were also discussed. Anyone who would like to can access the slide sets below.
- Meeting programme [ 42 kb ]
- Introductory presentation [ 0.5 Mb ]
- Working with Industry [ 0.9 Mb ]
- Reinventing Drug Development: challenges and strategies for early clinical research and beyond [ 1.6 Mb ]
- Working in Partnership with the NHS to Deliver Commercial Research [ 0.7 Mb ]
- 5 years of the Northern Region Endoscopy Group [ 1.3 Mb ]
- HTA - Identifying Important Research Questions [ 0.7 Mb ]
March 2010: Infection and Gastrointestinal Cancer
November 2006: 'Pancreatitis and Calcium Signalling'
June 2008: The Immune Basis of Liver Disease - A BSG Research Workshop
A workshop on liver immunology was held at the University of Birmingham on 9th and 10th June 2008 organised by David Adams on behalf of the Research Committee.
The aim was to produce an interactive workshop covering basic immunology related to the liver through to animal models of liver disease and human disease pathogenesis. On these terms all agreed the workshop was a success with vigorous discussion and several new collaborations formed during the two days. After a thought-provoking introduction from Cliona O’Farrelly covering the evolution of the hepatic immune system and how our concepts of liver immunology have changed over the last decade the first session covered aspects of innate immunity.
June 2005: 'Epithelial Differentiation in the Gastrointestinal Tract'
Page 1 of 2