Funding Opportunities For Educational Projects In Low Income Countries
The BSG wishes to fund a number of educational projects to promote the practice of gastroenterology in the developing world and low income settings (e.g. sub-Saharan Africa). We hope to fund between 3 and 5 projects. The maximum budget for each project should be no more than £10,000. The fund is NOT intended for equipment other than that which is required for training or is purely educational in its use. Funding will commence on 1st July 2014. Potential projects might include an educational or training course, or an educational meeting on the practice of gastroenterology and/or endoscopy. However other types of educational projects will also be considered. Matched or supplementary funding from other sources is encouraged.
Applications must demonstrate that:
- The project will address a significant need in the country or region in question.
- There is an invitation from local gastroenterology practitioners.
- There are measurable outcomes, output and evaluations, and a commitment by both partners to deliver them.
- There is an appropriate budget and financial management plans.
- The project has the scope to become sustainable.