- Reducing the harm from alcohol – putting policy into practice
- 09.12.2013 - 09.12.2013
- The Royal College of Physicians, London - London
- General Gastroenterology Meetings
A one-day conference designed to examine the UK, European and global trends in consumption and harm from alcohol and the evidence for the effectiveness of policy at local, national and international levels. The day will draw on the differing experiences of the devolved nations and will examine the impact of developing local hospital policies for the management of alcohol problems and their outreach into the community. By attending the conference delegates will be better placed to understand what works in implementing effective change, developing local services, critically evaluating the evidence and will be more effective advocates with policy makers, the public and the media.
Programme highlights include:
- Implementing an evidence-based alcohol policy.
- Primary care - getting GP colleagues on-board.
- Alcohol Care Teams for Britain's hospitals.
- Alcohol in the new public health system.
- Partnership working and data sharing.
- The Royal College of Physicians, London - Website
- 11 St Andrews Place, Regent's Park
- NW1 4LE
EventList powered by schlu.net