- Intestinal Failure Course
- 14.07.2011 - 15.07.2011
- UCL London - London
- Small Bowel & Nutrition section meetings
Intestinal Failure Course
This unique course offers a multidisciplinary clinically based practical course addressing common problems encountered in the day to day care of children with intestinal failure or parenteral nutrition.
Lectures and workshops are given by a team of experts in the field including paediatric gastroenterologists, paediatric surgeons, radiologists, homecare company professionals, nutrition nurse specialists, specialist nutrition pharmacists, specialist dietitians and psychologists.
- Topic highlights include:
- Nutritional assessment and requirements
- Practicalities of delivering PN to different age groups and in different clinical settings
- Lines sepsis, liver disease and other complications of PN
- Parenteral nutrition at home
- Weaning off PN
- Withdrawal of care/ethical dilemmas
- Small bowel transplantation and alternative therapies (gene therapy, stem cell transplantation)
Upon completion of the course, participants will have acquired evidence-based practical knowledge of the management of children on parenteral nutrition in hospital and at home.
They will also be skilled in diagnosis, management, complications and treatment strategies of complex intestinal failure.
The UCL Institute of Child Health
30 Guilford Street
Kenes UK, 1st Floor, Chesterfield House, 385 Euston Road, London, NW1 3AU, UK
Tel: + 44 (0) 207 383 8030
Fax: + 44 (0) 0207 383 8040
- UCL London
EventList powered by schlu.net