- The Sheffield Anorectal Ultrasound Course
- 06.09.2011 - 06.09.2011
- Sheffield Hallam University - Sheffield - Sheffield
- AGIP Meetings
The Sheffield Anorectal Ultrasound Course
Sheffield Hallam's Centre for Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education, in association with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Trust and BK Medical, is pleased to host this course, which is of particular interest to:
- specialist registrars
- gastrointestinal physiologists
- specialist nurses
The course aims to develop your understanding of the indications, usage and technical application of endoanal and endorectal ultrasound, and will specifically cover:
- understanding the indications for endoanal and endorectal ultrasound
- appreciating the technique of anorectal ultrasonography
- identifying the normal ultrasound anatomy of the anorectum
- identifying the ultrasonographic appearance of relevant anal pathologies, including anal abscesses, anal fistulae, and internal and external anal sphincter defects
- identifying the ultrasonographic appearance of rectal cancers, the depth of penetration and the appearance of a metastatic lymph node
The event will be chaired by Keith Chapple of Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and will feature local and national academics. The course will feature a mixture of lectures, 'hands-on' sessions and a small teaching group.
Date: Tuesday, 6th September 2011, 9am–4.30pm
Cost: £125 per person. This costincludes teaching sessions featuring the latest 3D modelling technology, as well as refreshments.
Location: Robert Winston Building, Sheffield Hallam University, Broomhall Road, Sheffield, S10 2DN
The course location is close to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital and is also easily accessed via Ecclesall Road. On-street parking is available.
Places on this course are strictly limited so early booking is advised.
To secure your place, complete our online booking form, or provide your name, address and contact details either by phone, email or post as below.
Contact: Ian Buczynski
Business Development Team
Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
Sheffield Hallam University
Parkholme, Collegiate Crescent Campus
Sheffield S10 2BP
Phone: 0114 225 5715
- Sheffield Hallam University - Sheffield
- Broomhall Road
- S10 2DN
- South Yorkshire
EventList powered by schlu.net