HBV Casebook becomes Hepatitis Casebook
11th June 2015
The Hepatitis Casebook online resource website has closed. On behalf of Gilead UK & Ireland, we would like to thank you for your support of Hepatitis Casebook, particularly if you have followed its evolution from HBV Casebook.
Please note that the HBV case studies and HCV modules have expired. We therefore regret that we are unable to forward you downloadable slide content that was previously available. Upon request we can resend copies of any CPD certificates for HBV case studies if you have completed the modules in the past or have CPD certificates stored under your login details. We are unable to send CPD certificates for uncompleted (or partially complete) modules.
Updated 24 October 2013
The HBV Casebook website is an educational resource for healthcare professionals treating chronic hepatitis B. It includes a series of case studies and teaching materials, developed by an expert faculty. The programme has been approved for Distance-Learning Credits for the CPD Scheme of the Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK.
The website has been revised to reflect the 2012 EASL clinical practice guidelines on the management of chronic hepatitis B virus infection. It also includes filmed footage from a satellite symposium at the BASL 2011 annual meeting. The symposium, 'Adherence in chronic hepatitis B therapy: the psychology, the science and the reality', was chaired by Dr John Dillon from NHS Tayside and University of Dundee.
- Professor Rob Horne, Professor of Behavioural Medicine at the University of London, on understanding non-adherence lessons from the treatment of chronic conditions
- Professor William Rosenberg, Joint Head of the Centre for Hepatology at University College London, on chronic hepatitis B: therapeutic goals and realistic outcomes
The symposium also includes case studies and a panel discussion. To access the symposium, please visit www.hbvcasebook.net, log in, click on the Satellite symposium button, and select BASL 2011.
Please note that you must register to use this high-quality, useful resource.
In addition to the interactive case studies on chronic hepatitis B management, HBV Casebook now contains learning modules designed specifically for healthcare professionals working in primary care.
These new primary care modules feature:
- the role of primary care professionals in screening and vaccinating at-risk patients
- a guide for when specialist referral for chronic hepatitis B management is appropriate
- details on interpreting serological tests
- understanding the course of chronic hepatitis B
- a multiple choice quiz to assess your understanding of the modules
- downloadable slides