First article published on BMJ Open Gastroenterology!
Wednesday, 09 July 2014 09:09
BSG member Prof Peter Whorwell is senior author on the first article to be published by BMJ Open Gastroenterology, the third journal to join the BSG's co-owned publications and the first to be fully open access. The article, entitled "Faecal incontinence—the hidden scourge of irritable bowel syndrome: a cross-sectional study" is available by accessing the journal's website.
BSG Educational Events - Guidance
Monday, 24 March 2014 11:24
- Events should have educational benefits for BSG members, at the discretion of the BSG Education Committee.
- At least one organiser should be a BSG member.
- Events should have CPD approval from the RCP (or other relevant accrediting body) if the event takes place within the UK.
- Event organisers should contact the BSG Education Committee as early as possible. Applications should be submitted at least 2 weeks before the next BSG Education Committee meeting, so that the programme can be tabled.
- Event organisers should try to avoid dates clashing with other BSG-endorsed/supported/organised events. The BSG reserves the right to ask organisers to change the date if a clash would occur.
- The BSG Education Committee's decision is final.
|Level||Event programme, venue, catering and administration planned and organised…||Event entitlements||Paid for by||Abstracts in Gut||Examples|
|BSG Endorsed||Entirely by third party, without BSG involvement.
BSG asked only to provide endorsement based on final version of event programme.
|Listed on Events page of BSG website.
Entry on BSG enewsletter.
BSG Education logo appears on course literature and marketing (eg flyer, website).
BSG reserves right to have a marketing stand at the event.
BSG members get 10% minimum discount on registration fees IF the event charges a delegate's fee.
If commercially sponsored, there must be at least two funders. Singly-sponsored events will not be endorsed.
|No||Sheffield Gastroenterology Symposium.
London Live Endoscopy
|BSG Supported||By a third party with BSG involvement||As for Endorsed events.
Marketing help from MCI.
|As for Endorsed events.||Possibly||BIG 2013 (British - Irish Gastroenterology)
|BSG Organised||By BSG Committees and/or working groups thereof: e.g. Education / Programme / Research / Section(s)||As for Supported events||BSG (commercial sponsorship possible)||Possibly||Annual meeting
Clinical Update meetings e.g. Edinburgh, Nottingham Trainee Taster Course
BSG Research Workshops
Page 2 of 2