Young Investigators Meeting
Wednesday, 01 October 2014 13:05
April 17-19, 2015
House of European Gastroenterology
This course specialises on the fields of research, statistics and the writing of papers and intense and lively lectures and discussions are combined with interactive training sessions. Presentations by participants provide the ideal environment to share ideas and personal experiences.
Application is open until January 18, 2015
First article published on BMJ Open Gastroenterology!
Wednesday, 09 July 2014 09:09
BSG member Prof Peter Whorwell is senior author on the first article to be published by BMJ Open Gastroenterology, the third journal to join the BSG's co-owned publications and the first to be fully open access. The article, entitled "Faecal incontinence—the hidden scourge of irritable bowel syndrome: a cross-sectional study" is available by accessing the journal's website.
BSG Educational Events - Guidance
Monday, 24 March 2014 11:24
- Events should have educational benefits for BSG members, at the discretion of the BSG Education Committee.
- At least one organiser should be a BSG member.
- Events should have CPD approval from the RCP (or other relevant accrediting body) if the event takes place within the UK.
- Event organisers should contact the BSG Education Committee as early as possible. Applications should be submitted at least 2 weeks before the next BSG Education Committee meeting, so that the programme can be tabled.
- Event organisers should try to avoid dates clashing with other BSG-endorsed/supported/organised events. The BSG reserves the right to ask organisers to change the date if a clash would occur.
- The BSG Education Committee's decision is final.
|Level||Event programme, venue, catering and administration planned and organised…||Event entitlements||Paid for by||Abstracts in Gut||Examples|
|BSG Endorsed||Entirely by third party, without BSG involvement.
BSG asked only to provide endorsement based on final version of event programme.
|Listed on Events page of BSG website.
Entry on BSG enewsletter.
BSG Education logo appears on course literature and marketing (eg flyer, website).
BSG reserves right to have a marketing stand at the event.
BSG members get 10% minimum discount on registration fees IF the event charges a delegate's fee.
If commercially sponsored, there must be at least two funders. Singly-sponsored events will not be endorsed.
|No||Sheffield Gastroenterology Symposium.
London Live Endoscopy
|BSG Supported||By a third party with BSG involvement||As for Endorsed events.
Marketing help from MCI.
|As for Endorsed events.||Possibly||BIG 2013 (British - Irish Gastroenterology)
|BSG Organised||By BSG Committees and/or working groups thereof: e.g. Education / Programme / Research / Section(s)||As for Supported events||BSG (commercial sponsorship possible)||Possibly||Annual meeting
Clinical Update meetings e.g. Edinburgh, Nottingham Trainee Taster Course
BSG Research Workshops
Page 2 of 2