BSG Annual Meeting 2016
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 07:48
The BSG Annual Meeting 2016 will be held at the Liverpool ACC from 20th-23rd June.
- Registration and abstract submission open
- Early-bird deadline: 18th March 2016.
BSG Management and Leadership Weekend 2016
Wednesday, 18 November 2015 07:32
The course is aimed at senior trainees who are preparing for consultant posts as well as those interested in management and leadership issues and has deanery accreditation for the required leadership & management course for CCT in gastroenterology and GIM.
Building on the success of previous BSG Management Courses, in collaboration with Inspire Change, the BSG Trainees Section has decided to adopt a two-day format that will run annually from 2016 onwards.
The course aims are:
- To gain the required skills to write and present a business case
- To appreciate the communication skills required to address and deal with complaints and difficult scenarios in the workplace
- To understand finances and the role of stakeholders in the current NHS framework
- To understand the process of health service improvement and how it can be applied in practice
- To develop an understanding of how to enhance leadership skills for trainees in gastroenterology
- To provide tips for improving CV development and interview technique
The course will take place on 26-28th February at the Hilton Hotel, Warwick and costs £150 for members and £200 for non-members (excluding refundable deposit). Dinner and accommodation on Friday and Saturday evenings are provided.
Further information and online booking can be found at:
Only 50 places are availble so please book early to avoid disappointment.